in , ,

Gun seized from Jamaican Reggae artist Tommy Lee Sparta linked to Father Fowl & Oney British murders

Reports out of Jamaica Nationwide News understands that ballistics tests have revealed that an illegal gun seized by the Police from the waistband of popular dancehall entertainer, Tommy Lee Sparta, was used to murder two high profile members of the British Link Up crew in 2019.

The tests reveal that the firearm was used to kill Owen Clarke and Alphanso Harriott.

Clarke is better known as Roy Fowl or Father Fowl. 

Harriott is more popularly known as Oney British.

Both men were well known dancehall personalities who for many years were the organizers of the popular British Link Up entertainment events in Jamaica and the United Kingdom.

Roy Fowl was killed by gunmen in February 2019 while he partied at an event near Half Way Tree in St. Andrew.

Days later, in March of the same year, Oney British was killed by gunmen on Mountain View Avenue.

It’s understood that ballistics investigation show that cartridge casings and projectiles which were  found at the scene of both murders were discharged from the gun which was seized from Tommy Lee in 2020.

Law enforcement sources say Lee, who’s otherwise known as Guzu, was interrogated by the Police in connection with the murders. He denied any involvement.

The Dancehall entertainer’s given name is Leroy Russell Junior.

He pleaded guilty to illegal possession of firearm and ammunition in March this year.

Lee was sentenced to three years imprisonment.

Investigations into the Entertainer continue.

Meanwhile, Lee’s Attorney, Donahue Martin, says his instructions are his client had no involvement in any murders or shooting.

The fall of Father Fowl 

Music promoter Owen Clarke, 61, popularly known as ‘Roy Fowl’ or ‘Father Fowl’, was shot and killed late Friday night.

Unconfirmed reports are that the shooting was done by two bike riders who shot Clarke several times, with his body collapsing in a bloody pool under a red Range Rover jeep parked on Grove Road in Kencot, St Andrew.

In the late 1990s, Clarke was alleged to have been the leader of an international drug ring for many years, with him said to have led the outfit from his home in Sudbury, north London.

He was convicted at Snaresbrook Crown Court in June 2004 for producing, supplying and possessing crack cocaine.  Court documents alleged that he used women as ‘mules’ to smuggle the drug from the Caribbean to Britain.

Clarke was caught when a police raid yielded 51 kilograms of cocaine with a street value of £1 million.

Two of his accomplices were also jailed.

Clarke was sentenced to 13 years in prison, which was later slashed to 11 years after he appealed the sentence.

He led a lavish lifestyle with trademarks such as the burning of £50 notes, leaving price tags on £10,000 designer suits, and wearing expensive gold jewellery.

Clarke returned to live in Jamaica several years ago.

Scotland Yard, the national criminal intelligence squad, customs, the FBI, and Jamaican authorities were all involved in Operation Jasle to catch the flamboyant multi-millionaire drugs baron.
Now, Det Sgt Waller, who ran the on-the-ground police unit on Clarke’s tail reveals the story behind four years of intelligence-gathering, surveillance and hard graft.I n July 2000, when Operation Trident, Scotland Yard’s black gun crime unit was established, officers set about finding out every scrap of information about Clarke.
Then they picked off his lieutenants, dismantling his kingdom as they inched closer to the man himself. Finally, they caught Clarke making crack, and that, together with a conviction for supplying cocaine, was enough to jail him for 13 years.
“It was very, very satisfying,” admits Det Sgt Waller, a detective of the old school who battled bureaucracy to keep the investigation going. “Not only the cocaine market but the violent activities of the British Link-up Crew [a notorious Jamaican/UK drugs gang] have been severely disrupted. Fewer drugs on the streets, fewer bodies in car boots.”
Det Sgt Waller estimates Clarke’s reign as head of the British Link-up Crew lasted more than 13 years, a marathon in an underworld. He crafted an empire, using dozens of human “mules” to import multi-million-pound consignments of drugs from Jamaica, by plane, cruise ship and cargo boat, and then hundreds more dealers who sold it all over London and every major English city, from Birmingham, Leeds and Manchester to Bristol and Brighton.
In Jamaica he mixed with pop and sports stars. He owned a multi-million-pound cliff top mansion, drank champagne at £200 a bottle and smoked cannabis joints rolled in £50 notes. He threw huge parties for up to 7,000 people at La Russe, a beachfront nightclub, outside Kingston.
“It was Jamaica’s Hollywood,” said Det Sgt Waller. “We have videos of these parties where British-based Jamaican gangsters dressed to outdo each other in suits and watches worth tens of thousands of pounds. It was all about status. They would even flick their shoes up to show the price tags. “On one occasion, a lorryload of designer dresses arrived as gifts for all the female party guests. Father Fowl had gold chains dripping off him, and he always made his entrance like a rock star, to wild applause.”
Clarke, who drove a £75,000 Jaguar, laundered money by exporting top-of-the-range cars, of which police have recovered four, a fraction of the number he dealt with, said Det Sgt Waller.
The drugs baron was an insatiable womaniser. At the time of his arrest, he had eight girlfriends and had seduced countless others. “He tried it on with almost every woman he met,” said Det Sgt Waller. “Quite a few turned up in court with babies and toddlers in tow and I’m sure there are a few more in Jamaica. Yet they were incredibly loyal to him, maybe because he was so generous with his cash.”
For a man whose wealth and power created many enemies, Clarke led a charmed existence. The bullet richoted off his arm when he was shot at in London in 1999, and he survived at least two murder attempts in Jamaica.
But his luck was running out. In 2000, detectives started on one of his “generals” – Nadia Codner, who ran his network in Hackney/Stoke Newington, north-east London. A four-month surveillance snared Codner and three others, recovering £1m-worth of cocaine. The jury took just 11 minutes to convict Codner who was jailed for 15 years.
In the next few years, other “senior officers” tumbled like ninepins. Paul “Pepsi” Hamilton and Vernal “Luddy” Anderson supplied the Luton and Bedfordshire areas. Police discovered 50 kilos of cocaine, worth about £10m, had passed through their crack conversion factory in Luton. Clarke recruited Mikey McDaniel and Bibsy Findlay to take over from Pepsi and Luddy, but police caught them too, finding a kilo of cocaine in the washing machine in their Harrow flat.
The next target was Sherise Taylor, Clarke’s main Birmingham courier, then, brothers Michael and Gifford Sutherland, from Croydon, south London. Their main role was finding and financing couriers, but the UK and Jamaican authorities were clamping down on Clarke’s supply routes, so a key part of the brothers’ job was developing new routes through Panama and Havana.
They recruited Phoebe Goran, a 53-year-old Zambian-Irish woman, in Dublin to carry out a complicated pick-up in Antigua, which resulted in all three being arrested at Waterloo station. Then, Clifton Rochester, Clarke’s right hand man in Bristol, was arrested by the national crime squad.
By now the squeeze was on. Officers already had hours and hours of surveillance and telephone tapes, linking Clarke to Rochester, the Sutherlands and the others. Although in personal terms, everyone had always been dispensable to Clarke, he needed business done and now the panic-stricken phone calls flew, wondering what was happening and how he would replace his people.
Then detectives spotted a new face, 24-year-old Jason “Jazzy P” Sadler. Jazzy P and Clarke often visited the same flat in Colindale, but never arrived or left together. Clarke had by now perfected a new, more efficient way of making crack, and police were sure this address was key to this operation.
In June 2000, they spied him meeting a man in Harlseden, north-west London, from whom he collected a large envelope. They trailed Clarke to the flat in Colindale, and five minutes later Jazzy P turned up carrying the same brown envelope.
Police lay in wait, crouching in cubbyholes outside the second floor flat. Det Sgt Waller counted down five and a half minutes before he gave the order to pile in. “He was completely taken by surprise,” said Det Sgt Waller
“At first, he thought we were other dealers going to rob him. When he realised what was happening, his look was priceless.
“He’s a real cry baby. He’s never acted the tough man since he was arrested. He always expected others to take the rap, and he pleaded he was forced to deal drugs.

What happened to Oney

Just days after the leader of the popular ‘British Link-up Crew’, Owen ‘Roy Fowl’ Clarke, was buried, another member, Alphanso ‘Oney British’ Harriott, was shot and killed on Mountain View Avenue in St Andrew on Friday night.

A report from the Corporate Communications Unit of the Jamaica Constabulary Force (JCF) said that about 9 p.m., the popular dancehall personality was driving his motor vehicle when men armed with guns rode up on a motorcycle and shot him. The gunmen escaped and Harriott was taken to hospital where he was pronounced dead.

While the investigations continue, acting commanding officer in charge of the St Andrew South Division, Superintendent Aaron Fletcher, told The Sunday Gleaner they are keeping a close watch on the Waltham Park area which he usually occupies, but so far, the community is relatively calm.

“Generally, in the Oakland Crescent, Oakland Road area of St Andrew South, there are no tensions that we are aware of, and we had no reason to be watching the space or looking at it, and his demise came as a surprise. But notwithstanding, we moved quickly to assess what is happening on the ground,” said Fletcher.

Fletcher added that the area is usually patrolled using a joint military-police team, but if the need arises, the level of security coverage will be enhanced.

Speculation has been circulating on social media that Harriott’s murder could be somehow linked to that of Clarke.

Clarke was shot and killed last month by gunmen at a street dance in Kencot, St Andrew. No one has since been arrested for his killing.

“We are unable to say whether there is any connection at this time. Given what we know and the historical nature of the conflict between Cockburn Pen and York Avenue, we still have a joint police-military presence in the space monitoring and trying to prevent any act of reprisal for it,” Fletcher said.

“We know that based on what we have heard, the blame [for Clarke’s death] has been ascribed to their adversaries from the York Avenue space. We have heard that in social media and on the ground. We don’t necessarily concur, we don’t have any evidence to prove that that is so. Notwithstanding, we pay attention and we actively police the space,” said Fletcher.

What do you think?

Written by The Editor

warrior dedicated to the cause of fighting the takeover of our culture.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *




The Weeknd donates $1 million in aid to Ethiopia

Raheem DeVaughn Previews ‘Lovesick’ Album With New Single ‘When a Man’