- The winner, named as A. Cambell, said he wanted to remain anonymous
- He reportedly didn’t want to share the winnings with his family members
- Mr Campbell picked up his prize after waiting 54 days to collect the jackpot
A Jamaican man turned up to claim his £1million prize wearing a mask from the movie Scream.
According to Distractify, the man, who identified himself as A. Campbell, decided to collect the prize incognito so he wouldn’t have to share the money with cash-hungry relatives.
Normally, I would write down the numbers from the [televised] draw, eat and then go and check my numbers,’ he said.
‘I looked at my ticket [that night] and ran into my bathroom and said: ‘I won! I won!”
‘I want to get a nice house. I haven’t found it yet, but I’ll be looking for one soon. I like to handle money. I don’t beg, I don’t borrow,’ he said.
‘So I’m looking at things that can turn over the money. I have a little business, so I plan to make it bigger, buy an apartment. I love to have money.’
- Kamala Harris says she’s ‘proud of being black’ but doesn’t…‘Half my family’s from Jamaica!’ Presidential candidate…
- Grisly crime scene photos show staged bathroom where…
Viral pictures from the event show him shaking hands with lottery executives and receiving an enormous cheque while wearing the mask.
Lottery winners in the Caribbean country often wear disguises while collecting their prizes due to high levels of crime in the country, and fears that they will be hounded for money by family and friends.
Back in June, another Super Lotto winner decided to wear an emoji mask to protect her identity after she won $180,900,000 in Jamaican money.
He reportedly wore the Scream mask so he wouldn’t have to share the prize with family members