‘I’m Suing’: Chris Brown ‘To Launch Lawsuit Against Model’ Who Claimed The Singer ‘Violently And Brutally Raped Her For 25-Minutes In a Paris Hotel’ As The Star Is FREED Without Charge
- Chris Brown plans to sue the 24-year-old French model who accused him of raping her in his Paris hotel room on January 16
- The American R&B star was released from prison on Tuesday without charge Brown and two other men were held for 24 hours following the accusations
- His French lawyer, Raphael Chiche, said Brown vigorously denied the allegations and he is preparing to file the defamation lawsuit
- The alleged rape is said to have occurred inside Brown’s hotel room at the five
- In a post on Instagram following his release, Brown denied the accusation saying it is ‘false’, ‘disrespectful’ and ‘against my character and morals”
Chris Brown plans to sue a woman for defamation after she accused him of raping her in a Paris hotel.
The American R&B star was released from prison on Tuesday without charge after being held for questioning overnight in Paris following the rape accusations.
The 29-year-old’s French lawyer, Raphael Chiche, said Brown vigorously denied the allegations and he is preparing to file the defamation lawsuit on behalf of his client.
‘Chris Brown is free. No lawsuits were filed against him. He vigorously challenges the charges against him,’ Chiche said.
‘A complaint for slanderous denunciation will be filed tomorrow with the public prosecutor of Paris.’
A 24-year-old French model, who cannot be named for legal reasons, told police that she was raped by Brown and two other men during a drug-fueled party at his hotel a week ago.
The ordeal allegedly happened inside Brown’s hotel room at the Mandarin Oriental where suites can cost more than US$21,000 (£19,000) per night.
The woman alleges she was attacked by Brown, his bodyguard and a family friend on January 16.
Brown and the two other men were all released from police custody on Tuesday.
An examining magistrate decided to end the initial period of custody without taking the matter further but this does not mean that the case is closed, according to French law.
Prosecutors have indicated that they will continue to speak to the alleged victim and to try and gather more evidence.
The Paris prosecutor’s office said the investigation is ongoing, while the singer’s lawyer said his client ‘energetically’ proclaimed his innocence.
In a post on Instagram following his release, Brown denied the accusation saying it is ‘false’, ‘disrespectful’ and ‘against my character and morals.’
In a post on Instagram following his release, Brown denied the accusation saying it is ‘false’, ‘disrespectful’ and ‘against my character and morals’
In an interview with French Closer magazine, the woman said she met Brown ‘through a friend’ who works at the Crystal Lounge nightclub on the Champs Elysee.
‘This friend asked me what I was doing the next day, and if I would like to meet Chris Brown,’ said the woman, who finally met the rapper on January 15.
‘I said yes and the next day, on Tuesday, I had an appointment at 11.30pm at the Mandarin Oriental hotel to meet the rapper. At the reception of the hotel, I found myself with friends of his and other girls. We went up to his suite to pick him up and we all went to a nightclub called ‘The Quay’.
‘Everything was going well. Around 4am, they decided to go back to the hotel. I wanted to go home, but someone in Chris Brown’s entourage took me by the arm and said: ‘Come on, we’ll have a good evening.’
‘Leaving the nightclub, there were two Mercedes vans that were full up. So I said, ‘There’s no place, I’m going home.’ Then I was told, ‘No, come on!’. And I was put in Chris Brown’s car with another girl.’
The group got back to Brown’s rooms at the Mandarin Oriental.
The woman told Closer: ‘Before entering the suite, the bodyguard took all our cell phones. It didn’t seem surprising given the artist’s notoriety and I didn’t worry. Once in the suite, we were offered drinks. There was cocaine and cannabis.
‘There were about fifteen girls, friends of Chris Brown. The music was loud, people were coming in and out … It was a bit chaotic.’
Asked if prostitutes were present, the woman said: ‘I don’t know. There were only very pretty girls.’
‘At one point, I went to the bathroom. Chris Brown followed me and took me by the right arm. He made me enter a sort of dressing room. He closed the door.’
Timeline of Chris Brown’s legal troubles
- 2009 : Brown pleads guilty to assaulting his then-girlfriend Rihanna on the eve of the Grammys.
- He is sentenced to five years’ probation, a domestic violence programme and 180 days of community labour.
- 2012 : The musician is involved in a nightclub brawl with Drake in New York. The case is later settled.
- 2013 : He is handed another 1,000 hours of community labour after a traffic accident in Los Angeles.
- Later that year he is arrested for punching a man who tried to take a picture with him outside a Washington luxury hotel.
- He is also accused of throwing a brick at his mother’s car.
- 2014 : Brown is arrested and jailed after he is thrown out of rehab. He also admits violating his probation over the assault in Washington.
- 2016 : Model Liziane Gutierrez claims Brown hit her and took her mobile phone in a Las Vegas hotel room. No charges are brought.
- Later the same year he is arrested after a stand-off outside his Los Angeles home, following claims he pointed a gun at a woman.
- 2017 : The rapper is ordered to stay away from ex-girlfriend Karrueche Tran after he allegedly punched her and threatened to kill her.
- 2018 : Brown is arrested on a battery charge immediately after a performance in Florida.
- He is also charged after sharing a picture of a three-year-old daughter with a monkey. Wildlife agents seized the animal and said he had no permit.
- 2019 : He is arrested in Paris and accused of raping a woman.
Speaking of the alleged rape, the woman said: ‘It lasted 25 to 30 minutes. It’s still too difficult for me to explain in detail what he did, but it was brutal and violent.
‘He was threatening and aggressive. I was very afraid. Once it was over, he opened the door. I told him that I wanted to pick up my cell phone and go home.
‘Chris Brown went to see one of his friends. I thought this person was going to accompany me to the bodyguard for my cell phone, but that’s not what he did.
‘He took me to his room, he locked the door and he abused me too. It was the same with the bodyguard All I wanted to do was go home. I was too scared. There were three muscular men, aggressive and menacing. I couldn’t do anything. I’m traumatized, I can’t overcome what happened to me and resume my habits. It’s horrible, I’m lost.’
Asked how she managed to escape, the woman said: ‘I said that I had to go to bed, that I had classes the next day. I cried. When he saw me like that, he returned my cell phone and I left.’
The woman reported the alleged attack to police two days later on January 18.
Confirming she had been hesitant, the woman said: ‘Yes. I was scared. They have my address, my cell number, my picture… But I didn’t want them to be able to do the same thing to other girls.
‘Chris Brown is the kind of person who thinks himself powerful and thinks himself above the law, but no. I’ll go to the end. Abused three times in the same evening by three different men – it’s unbearable to live with.’
The woman said she didn’t know if other women claim to have been raped that night.
‘I don’t know,’ she said. ‘Sometimes girls do not dare to speak. They are scared and I understand them, but I want them to stop doing this to girls who have not asked for anything.
‘I just thought I was having a good night with a star. I didn’t imagine that I was going to find myself locked up with aggressive and menacing men who forced me to do things I did not want to do.’
The three men, including Brown, were arrested at the hotel on Monday, and face charged of ‘aggravated rape’ and ‘violation of drugs legislation’, including using a ‘banned drug’.
The initially custody period can last 48 hours, after which an official investigation can be launched, or they can be freed.
Referring to Brown, a prosecuting source in Paris said: ‘He is accused of a rape and is being held at the judicial police offices in the 1starrondissement.
‘He was arrested with two others on Monday, and interviews and other inquiries are ongoing. All three men can be held for a period of up to 48 hours.’
On Saturday night, Brown was spotted with his model girlfriend Ammika Harris at Paris nightclub Cirque Bonheur.
The musician has been seen in the French capital in recent days attending events in the city’s fashion week.
In 2009, Brown was charged with domestic violence in the United States against superstar singer Rihanna, his then girlfriend. He admitted the offences, and was sentenced to community service.
Model Liziane Gutierrez also claimed she was punched in the face by the father-of-one, but this never led to court action. Pop star Chris Brown arrested for rape in Paris hotel
Advertisement 0:25Want the flexibility to work when you choose? You have the freedom to set your own schedule when you drive with SkipTheDishes.SkipTheDishes