While the investigations into the motives behind deaths vary wildly – from social media disputes to domestic incidents to seemingly random attacks a consistent theme from month to month is the use of knives as a lethal weapon.
In 2017 there was a total of 116 murders in the capital with this year appearing set to mark a rise in the number of offences.
During February – when there was 15 – and March – 19 – there was a higher murder rate in London than in New York.
Although 100 murder investigations have been launched, in nine of those cases the accused has subsequently been charged with manslaughter or a post-mortem has altered the cause of death.
The other 91 are being treated as MURDER – these are their stories:
1. Kyall Parnell, 17 – December 31 2017 – stabbed to death in Tulse Hill, south London
The teenager died from a single stab wound to the heart.
He was one of three people killed, all stabbed to death, on New Year’s Eve in a bloody start to 2018.
A post-mortem gave the cause of death as a stab wound to the heart. Mr Parnell was one of three people to be stabbed on New Year’s Eve, but the investigation into his death was officially launched the following day.
A 16-year-old boy was arrested on suspicion of murder.
2. Steve Frank Narvaez-Jara, 20 – January 1 – stabbed to death near Old Street Station in Shoreditch
The 20-year-old, originally from Ecuador, was found stabbed to death at a flat.
Friends said he was studying physics and aerospace at the University of Hertfordshire to further his dream of becoming a pilot.
His family said they “pray to God that Steve’s death brings knife crime to an end.”
Three men aged 18, 19 and 19 were arrested by police in connection with his death.
3. Taofeek Lamidi, 20 – January 1 – stabbed to death in West Ham, east London
The former Eastlea Community School pupil was stabbed to death just two days before his 21st birthday.
“Taofeek was repeatedly stabbed, and was found lying in the street suffering horrific injuries from which he did not recover,” said the Met’s DCI Cranwell.
He died from a stab wound to the heart.
4. Elizabeta Lacatusu, 44 – January 3 – stabbed to death in Ilford, east London
The Romanian international worked at a restaurant in Ilford and was returning home from work when she was stabbed to death.
Her partner, Genu Armeanu has been jailed for her murder and ordered to serve a life sentence with a minimum tariff of 28 years.
Detective Sergeant Perry Benton, said: “Armeanu knew on that day that he was going to take Elisabeta’s life, in a planned and premeditated attack.
“He went armed with a knife which showed that he knew exactly what he wanted to do.”
CCTV OF THE ATTACK IN NORFOLK ROAD, ILFORD, WHICH LED TO THE JAILING OF A MAN FOR 28 YEARS
5. Vijaykumar Patel, 49 – January 6 – fatal blow to the head in Mill Hill, north London
The shopkeeper was attacked after he refused to sell cigarette papers to a gang of teenagers.
Mr Patel was taken to St Mary’s Hospital in central London after the attack but died in hospital the next day from an injury to the back of his head.
A boy, 16, who cannot be named for legal reasons, has been convicted of manslaughter.
6. Daniel Frederick, 34 – January 8 – stabbed to death in Stoke Newington, north west London
It is alleged Mr Frederick was set upon by a gang near his home and suffered several stab wounds.
A pathologist was unable to say how many knives were used but suggested it was more than one.
A post-mortem gave the cause of death as a stab wound to the back which punctured his lung.
Four teenage males have all been charged with murder.
7. Harry Uzoka, 25 – January 11 – stabbed to death in Shepherd’s Bush, west London
The up-and-coming model had just landed a film role when he was stabbed in the heart and died on January 11.
The 25-year-old Mr Uzoka was able to stumble away from the scene of the stabbing but collapsed nearby and died.
George Koh fatally knifed his model rival before later wiping the blade on his jeans.
Koh, a Liberian national, and Mersa Dikanda, a Congolese national, were found guilty of murder in August.
Jonathan Okigbo, 24, was found guilty of manslaughter.
8. Seyed Khan, 49 – January 24 – hacked to death with an axe and body dumped in Ilford Cemetery
The body of the 49-year-old was found in Ilford Cemetery a week after he was reported missing. Mr Khan was killed with a metal axe wielded by colleague Imran Muhammed, 31.
He was found guilty of Mr Khan’s murder on July 19.
After killing him at the carpet store where they both worked he transported Mr Khan’s body and the murder weapon in a shopping trolley to the cemetery in the early hours of 25 January and hid them in the undergrowth.
9. Yaya Mbye, 26 – January 28 – stabbed to death in Stoke Newington, north west London
The 26-year-old Arsenal fan died in hospital after being found on the George Downing Estate in Stoke Newington on January 28.
Detectives at the time said there was a “level of planning” into the murder.
His mother afterwards said no son was safe from the ‘plague’ of knife crime in the capital.
10. Juan Olmos Saca, 39 – January 29 – stabbed in the chest in Peckham, south east London
Juan Olmos Saca, of Southwark, was taken to hospital after an altercation in Peckham on 29 January and died in hospital almost a week later.
A man, 26, has been charged with murder and will stand trial in August.
11. Lily-Mai Saint George, 11-weeks-old – January 31 – found unresponsive at property in Tottenham, north London
The infant was taken to hospital for treatment, but died two days later on February 2.
A 20-year-old man and a 21-year-old woman were arrested in connection with her death and remain on police bail.
12. Khader Saleh, 25 – January 31 – stabbed to death at Wormwood Scrubs prison
The convicted drug dealer was stabbed to death in prison on January 31.
Three men have been charged with murdering the dad-of-one who suffered wounds to his neck, chest and back.
The 25-year-old moved to the UK 13 years ago from Somalia, with his mother, three older brothers and sister.
The trial is due to be held in October.
13. Hasan Ozcan, 19 – February 3 – stabbed to death in Barking, east London
Mr Ozcan was attacked in Abbey Road, just after 10pm on February 3 in Barking.
A resident said that a group of youths chased a group of people, which included Hasan before he was stabbed. He died at the scene less than an hour later.
14. Kwabana Nelson, 22 – February 3 – stabbed to death as he drove home in Haringey, north London
The youth worker, who tried to steer youths away from gang culture, was ambushed as he drove home in Haringey.
He was pronounced dead at the scene with his cause of death later given in a post-mortem as hypovolemic shock and multiple stab wounds.
Neron Quartey, 21, has been found guilty of murder.
The Old Bailey heard how Kwabana’s caer was rammed by Quartey in a black Honda Civic. The attacker then set upon the youth worker.
The court heard that the seriously injured Kwabena called police, and then a family member to tell them that he had been stabbed. DNA left on the airbags of Quartey’s vehicle helped identify him.
Kwabana’s mother Serwah said: “Kobi was a son, cousin, favourite uncle, friend, colleague, best friend and my little boy. Snatched away from us in such a brutal and barbaric way.
“The young men, the cowards, who did this have now left a huge trail of devastation within my family.”
15. Hannah Leonard, 55 – February 9 – stabbed to death in a flat in Camden, north London
The ‘true Irish lady’ was found dead at her 10th floor flat having been stabbed to death.
Her daughter, Caroline Snowling, said her mother was “extremely loyal” and doted on her two grandsons, six-year-old Jack and Jamie, 15.
A woman, 43, and a man, 38, have both been charged with her murder.
16. Sabri Chibani, 19 – February 11 – stabbed in the chest in Streatham Common, south London
The Italian teenager died just weeks after moving to the capital to build himself a ‘great future’.
Mr Chibani was stabbed in the chest in Streatham on 11 February.
Witnesses described how a young man, thought to be his brother, battled to save Mr Chibani before he was pronounced dead at the scene.
17. Bulent Kabala, 41 – February 12 – shot dead in Barnet, north London
The first gun death of the year the taxi driver was shot in what police believe was a “targeted hit” in the Cockfosters area.
Three or four men were believed to have attacked Mr Kabala from a UK van with Polish number plates, which was later found abandoned nearby.
His widow said: “I’ve lost my childhood sweetheart, my best friend, my husband. My children have lost their dad.”
18. Saeeda Hussain, 54 – February 13 – fatal head injuries in Ilford, east London
The 54-year-old was found with critical injuries at a property in Ilford, east London. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
A man, 58, has been charged with her murder and is due to stand trial in August.
19. Promise Nkenda, 17 – February 14 – run over, chased and stabbed to death in Canning Town, east London
The teenager was run over, chased and then stabbed to death in Canning Town on Valentine’s Day.
Promise had been a popular teenager and aspiring music producer who dreamed of working with Dizzee Rascal.
Two boys, aged 14 and 17, and one man, aged 18, have been charged with murder to stand trial in October.
20. Mark Smith, 48 – February 15 – Chingford, north east London
The 48-year-old was found at a property in Chingford where he died of multiple injuries.
A friend of the dad-of-one said his greatest memories of his companion are of him dancing to songs sung by his favourite band, Madness.
A 38-year-old woman has been charged with murder to stand trial in August.
21. Jozef Boci, 30 – February 17 – bludgeoned to death in Greenwich, south east London
Jozef Boci, 30, suffered serious head injuries after he was hit repeatedly with blunt objects by at least three men in Greenwich, south-east London.
The Albanian-born man died a week after the attack and four men have been charged with his murder.
22. Lewis Blackman, 19 – February 18 – stabbed to death in Kensington, west London
The teenager, known as ‘Dotz’, was killed after attending a party in Kensington. The aspiring rapper was found in the street by police who had been called to a disturbance.
Around 200 people gathered on the Peckwater estate in Kentish Town, close to where Lewis grew up, for a candlelit vigil shortly after his death.
Six teenagers have been charged in connection with the killing.
23. Rotimi Oshibanjo, 39 – February 19 – stabbed to death in Southall, west London
Mr Oshibanjo was fatally stabbed inside a property in the Halliday Square housing estate.
Police were called the afternoon of February 19 and found the 39-year-old suffering serious stab wounds. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
A man, 38, has been charged with his murder.
24. Abdikaram Hassan, 17 – February 20 – stabbed to death in Camden, north London
The Somalian teenager was one of two youths killed in Camden in what police at the time thought may have been linked attacked.
Abdikaram was wearing an electronic tag when he died, having been caught carrying a ‘hunting-style combat knife’ in August 2017, according to The Times.
The night of street violence spurred the formation of Camden Against Violence, and Save Our Boys, Save Our Girls, who marched through the borough in March.
25. Sadiq Aadam Mohamed, 20 – February 20 – stabbed to death in Camden, north London
The 20-year-old student was the third person in his family to be murdered, dying just 90 minutes after Abdikaram was stabbed.
He left a voicemail to his mum saying “I’m wounded” shortly before his death.
Two 18-year-old men have been charged with two counts of murder, GBH and attempted GBH in connection with the death of Mr Mohamed and Abdikaram.
26. Amir Ellouzi, 24 – February 20 – shot in Westminster and died a week later
Police were called to Old Pye Street in Westminster on the evening of February 20 and found Mr Ellouzi seriously injured with a gunshot wound to the neck.
He was taken to hospital and died a week later.
A 23-year-old man has been charged with murder
27. Michael Boyle, 44 – February 25 – stabbed to death in Southwark, south London
Michael Boyle, from Galashiels, Scotland, was stabbed at the Sir Robert Peel pub in Southwark, and died roughly two weeks later in hospital, on March 10.
A post-mortem examination gave the provisional cause of death as multiple organ failure and stab wound to the chest.
Two men have been charged in connection with his death.
28. Christopher Beaumont, 42 – March 1 – stabbed to death in Hammersmith, west London
The 42-year-old was found stabbed in Melrose Gardens, Hammersmith but paramedics were unable to save him and he was pronounced dead at the scene.
A 32-year-old man has been charged with his murder and will go on trial in this month (August).
29. Kelva Smith, 20 – March 5 – stabbed to death in South Norwood, south east London
Following his death in March he was described by a family friend as “the kind of boy you would want for a son” and as someone who was “so respectful”.
Three teenage males, 19, 15 and 14 have all been charged with his murder by Scotland Yard detectives.
30. Laura Cecilia Navarrete De Figueira, 47 – March 5 – stabbed to death in Twickenham, west London
The mum of two is thought to have been killed by her partner who then killed himself along with their two sons at Birling Gap, East Sussex.
Laura Cecilia Navarrete De Figueira (Nee Rivas), 47, her husband Adelino Gabriel Figueira de Faria, 57, her eldest son Claudio Gabriel Figueira Navarrete, 10, and her youngest son Joaquin Alejandro Figueira Navarrete, 7, were all found dead on March 5.
Police are not looking for anyone else in connection with the investigation.
31. Kelvin Odunuyi, 19 – March 8 – shot dead outside Vue Cinema complex in Wood Green, north London
The teenager was shot as he stood with friends at the entrance to the cinema with witnesses seeing two masked men on a moped ride past as one opened fire.
Mr Odunuyi was a rapper who performed under the name DipDat.
He was pronounced dead in hospital two hours after the shooting. One man has been arrested and released under investigation.
32. Nikolay Glushkov, 68 – March 12 – found dead at home in New Malden, south west London
The Russiam exile was found dead at his home with initial speculation linking his death to the attempted assassination of Sergei Skripal however that was quickly dismissed by Met Police.
A post-mortem examination gave the cause of death as ‘compression to the neck’.
Mr Glushkov fled to the UK after being released from jail for falling foul of Russian President Vladimir Putin.
33. Julian Joseph, 36 – March 13 – attacked on a bus in New Cross, south east London
The 36-year-old was attacked by two men while on a route 53 bus and suffered a “severe head injury”.
He died in hospital on March 24.
A man, 32, has been charged with murder in connection with his death.
34. Lyndon Davis, 18 – March 14 – stabbed to death in Chadwell Heath, north east London
The teenager was found suffering a fatal stab injury in Chadwell Heath shortly before midnight.
He was taken to an east London hospital where he later died.
Six people have been arrested in connection with the investigation including five teenage boys. No one has been charged.
35. Joseph Williams-Torres, 20 – March 14 – shot dead in Walthamstow, north east London
A man, 20, and two teenage boys aged 15 and 17 have been charged with the murder of Mr Williams-Torres.
Paying tribute to Joseph his parents said: “Joseph was very much loved by his family and friends. He will be missed by all.”
36. Russell Jordan Jones, 23 – March 17 – stabbed and shot in Enfield, north London
The 23-year-old was one of two people stabbed and shot in Enfield. The second person was later discharged from hospital.
Mr Jones’ cause of death has been given as a stab wounds to the chest.
Two men from the area, both 20, have been charged with murder.
37. Tyrone Silcott, 41 – March 18 – stabbed to death in Hackney, east London
Police said that Mr Silcott, a dad-of-two, was killed following an “altercation at a party” which spilled out into the street.
He was known as ‘Sylvester’ by friends with ‘best friend’ Jasmine Lewis telling the Hackney Gazette: “Sylvester would do anything for me – we were very close.
“He was my best friend. A lovable person. Always joking.”
A man, 28, has been charged with murder.
38. Naomi Hersi, 36 – March 18 – stabbed to death near Heathrow Airport, Hounslow
The 36-year-old transexual was found with severe knife injuries in a hotel room close to Heathrow Airport and was pronounced dead 30 minutes later.
The north London resident has been described as a “tennis lover, music junkie, film and tv addict”.
According to PinkNews her final post on Twitter was a link to a Vice article titled “Trans Women of Color Face an Epidemic of Violence and Murder”.
39. Balbir Johal, 48 – March 19 – stabbed to death in Southall, west London
Mr Johal, from Slough, was stabbed to death in Southall, west London, on 19 February. Two men have been charged with his murder.
40. Jermaine Kevin Johnson, 41 – March 19 – stabbed to death in Walthamstow, north east London
The 41-year-old was found injured in Vallentin Road in Walthamstow at roughly 9.50pm. He was pronounced dead at the scene just over an hour later.
A man and a woman were arrested in connection with the death and have been released under investigation. A boy, 17, was charged with murder but the case against him was dropped in June.
41. Beniamin Pieknyi, 21 – March 20 – stabbed to death in Stratford, east London
The Romanian 21-year-old had only arrived in Britain two months before he was killed just outside Stratford Centre.
“He was really kind, and always trying to help everybody,” friend Ion Robert told the Standard.
A man, 22, has been charged with murder.
42. Abraham Badru, 26 – March 25 – shot dead in Hackney, east London
Mr Badru was the son of a Nigerian MP hand he received a bravery award in 2009 after he saved a girl from being gang-raped at a party.
His mum said her son was threatened and his home was pelted with eggs after he stopped the attack as a 14-year-old, leaving him “scared for his life”.
Police are offering a reward of up to £20,000 for information about the murder.
43. David Potter, 50 – March 26 – stabbed to death in Tooting, south London
The 50-year-old was found stabbed to death in his flat following concerns about his welfare.
The cause of death was given as an incised wound to the neck.
A man, 47, has been charged with murder.
44. Wieskaw Kopcynski, 59 – March 26 – skull fracture in suspected assault in Barking, east London
Mr Kopcynski was found shaking in bed with blood coming from his nose on the morning of March 27.
He was taken to hospital but succumbed to his injuries which included a complex skull fracture.
A man and two women have been arrested and released under investigation.
45. Reece Tshoma, 23 – March 29 – stabbed in Thamesmead, south east London
The 23-year-old suffered a fatal stab wound in an attack near Nathan Way, Thamesmead.
He was driven to hospital in a car by his friend but he died that evening.
He was from the Barking area of east London.
46. Leyla Mtumwa, 38 – March 30 – stabbed to death in Haringey, north London
The Tanzania native was found critically injured by police at an address in Haringey on Good Friday.
A man, 32, has been charged with her murder.
47. Devoy Stapleton, 20 – April 1 – stabbed to death in Wandsworth, west London
The 20-year-old is thought to have suffered his fatal stab injuries as he walked home from a night out.
His family described his death on Easter Sunday as a “terrible nightmare”.
He was found in a pool of his own blood by first responders at the scene.
48. Tanesha Melbourne, 17 – April 2 – shot dead in Tottenham, north London
The teenager was shot dead in what is thought to have been gang-related violence with shots fire into a group of people from a car.
Her friend Lumear Small told MailOnline: “She was beautiful inside and out. She had the biggest heart of any girl I’ve ever met.”
49. Amaan Shakoor, 16 – April 3 – shot dead in Walthamstow, north east London
The teenager, one of the youngest victims of violence in the capital, was shot in the head on April 2 and died the next day in hospital.
His family said the “devastating” and “senseless” shooting felt like being handed a life sentence and their lives had been “totally changed”.
A £10,000 reward has been offered by Crimestoppers for help to find Amaan’s killer.
50. Babatunde Akintayo Awofeso, 53 – April 4 – killed in ‘altercation’ at bookies in Clapton, north east London
The 53-year-old died at a Betfred branch on Upper Clapton Street, Hackney, after an altercation with another man, police believe.
City of London Policetook over the case after the Met said its homicide unit was under pressure.
51. Israel Ogunsola, 18 – April 4 – stabbed to death in Hackney, east London
The teenager was found by police fatally wounded near his home after a motorist contacted police.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Israel is reported to have survived a previous knife attack. A 17-year-old boy has been charged with murder to stand to trial in October.
52. Raul Chiriac, 26 – stabbed to death in Colindale, north London
Police and paramedics were called to a flat in Zenith Close at 5.58pm and found the Romanian national seriously injured.
He was taken to hospital but died that evening.
A woman, 34, known to the victim, has been charged with murder and is due to stand trial in October.
53. Samantha Clarke, 38 – April 15 – stabbed to death in Brixton, south London
The 38-year-old was stabbed to death at her £1m home in Brixton days after celebrating her son’s 14th birthday.
Her husband Paul said: “She was a loving mum. Everything she did was for her son.
“She just wanted to spend as much time with him as possible.”
A man, 21, has been charged with her murder.
54. John MacLean, 35 – April 12 – stabbed to death in Isle of Dogs, east London
Mr MacLean was injured at the flat. Despite medics’ best efforts, he died at the scene.
A woman, 25, has appeared in court charged with his murder.
She will stand trial in October.
55. Natasha Hill, 18 – April 15 – killed in Abbey Wood, south east London
The teenager suffered serious head injuries at a property in Abbey Wood with police initially treating the death as unexplained.
However on July 12 the case was handed to the Met’s Homicide and Major Crime Command.
A 32-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder and released on bail.
56. Sami Sidhom, 18 – April 16 – stabbed to death in Forest Gate, east London
The teenager had been on the way home from watching a West Ham game when he was stabbed multiple times.
In a statement released by the Met, Mr Sidhom’s grieving family asked: “How many more have to die this way before everyone cares?”
They added: “Sami was a model son, model student, a dedicated West Ham fan who was studying to be a lawyer to bring fair play and justice to those who needed it.”
57. Aaron Springett, 32 – April 20 – found collapsed on street in Morden, south west London
The 32-year-old was found critically injured in the street in Morden late on April 20.
He was taken to a south London hospital but died the next day.
A post-mortem examination gave the cause of his death as blunt force trauma to the chest.
58. Kwasi Anim-Boadu, 20 – April 21 – stabbed to death in Finsbury Park, north London
Mr Anim-Boadu was knifed to death weeks before his 21st birthday near the home of Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn.
In an emotional post online, the victim’s sister Naya wrote: “My younger brother, my only brother got stabbed to death this morning. Guys this needs to stop. The pain I’m experiencing is indescribable.”
A 27-year-old man was arrested in connection with the death and released on bail.
59. Leon Maxwell, 38 – May 1 – shot dead in Queensbury, north west London
The 38-year-old was trying to turn his life around following a stretch in jail for murder, according to the Times.
He was shot and killed outside Queensbury Underground station in Harrow with a second man also injured.
He was jailed in 2003 for murder to serve a minimum of 12 years.
60. Rhyhiem Ainsworth Barton, 17 – May 5 – shot dead in Kennington, south London
The teenager’s mother, heartbroken by his death, pleaded for ‘my son to be the last’.
Two other teenage boys were also left in hospital after they were shot in broad daylight.
The 17-year-old’s mum revealed that Rhyhiem had been an aspiring architect who was “trying to make a difference” by learning to work with children.
He had been a member of the Moscow17 collective.
61. Gerry Gaffney, 46 – May 13 – stabbed to death in south London
Mr Gaffney, a father of one, died in hospital after being repeatedly stabbed in the chest in south London.
He was taken to hospital but died on May 21.
Mr Gaffney’s wife Catherine, told the Evening Standard her home in Brixton, that her husband was “a good man”, adding: “I have no words to express the grief and devastation.”
A man, 52, has been charged with murder.
62. Rosina Coleman, 85 – May 15 – found dead at her home in Romford, east London
The pensioner was found dead at her home by a workman in Romford on May 15.
Neighbours described widow Mrs Coleman, a mum-of-two, as “incredible” and someone who was “always happy”.
A man, 65, has been charged with her murder.
63. Abdulrahman Nassor Juma, 23 – May 17 – suffered ‘multiple wounds’ in Barking, east London
Known to his friends as Mani, the 23-year-old was attacked in Crows Road, Barking at about 11.30pm on 17 May, say Met Police.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
A man, 22, has been charged with murder to stand trial in December.
64. Osman Shidane, 20 – May 18 – stabbed to death in Ruislip, north west London
The 20-year-old died in hospital three days after police were called to a stabbing outside an Asda in Ruislip.
The young man was stabbed several times.
A 16-year-old boy has been charged with murder and is due to stand trial in October.
65. Sophie Cavanagh, 31 – May 20 – suffered ‘compression to the neck’ in Bromley, south London
The mum-of-two was described as ‘inspirational’ by friends with Stacey Lyons saying: “It was always chaos when we got together but now I miss it more than ever. It’s a very surreal feeling.”
A man, 35, has been charged with her murder to stand trial in November.
A post-mortem found the cause of death was compression of the neck.
66. Arunesh Thangarajah, 28 – May 20 – stabbed to death in Mitcham, south west London
The Sri Lankan national was stabbed to death in the early hours of May 20.
Police and paramedics fought to save him but he was pronounced dead at the scene.
A 44-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of murder and has been charged.
67. Marcel Campbell, 30 – May 21 – stabbed to death in Islington, north London
Officers responded to the “brutal attack” at around 6.30pm and found Mr Campbell critically injured.
The father-of-two was described by his aunt as “a wonderful father”.
She added: “He lived for his kids. He was a good boy, we are losing too many of our young people. His mother is devastated.”
A man, 22, has been charged with murder and will stand trial in November.
68. Molly Frank, 61 – May 24 – suffered fatal head injuries in Islington, north London
The care worker, 61, suffered fatal head injuries at an Islington residential home on May 24 and died in hospital the next day.
A special post-mortem examination gave the cause of death as intra-cerebral haemorrhage.
A 95-year-old arrested on suspicion of murder was released under investigation.
69. Bethany-Marie Beales, 22 – May 26 – Body had ‘fallen from a height’ in central London
The 22-year-old was discovered outside the City of London’s Heron building, on Moor Lane, on 26 May.
City of London Police said Miss Beales’ injuries were “consistent with a fall from a height”.
In a statement Miss Beales’ family described the 22-year-old, who was originally from St Helens, as a “shining star” with “the most beautiful singing voice”.
A man and woman have been arrested on suspicion of murder and released under investigation.
70. Mark Fontaine, 41 – May 30 – stabbed to death in Walthamstow, north east London
Mr Fontaine collapsed in Cathcart Road at around 10.20pm and was pronounced dead at the scene 40 minutes later.
He died of multiple stab wounds.
A boy, 14, has been charged with his murder and is due to stand trial in October.
71. Mark Tremain, 52 – May 31 – suffered serious injuries in Stockwell
He was found suffering from facial injuries after police were called to reports of two men fighting in Albert Square at 5.50pm on May 31.
He died on June 14.
72. Andra Hilitanu, 28 – June 1 – stabbed to death in Brent, north west London
The 28-year-old mum-of-two suffered fatal stab injuries to her neck, according to a post mortem.
She was seven months pregnant at the time and her baby was unable to be saved.
Ms Hilitanu’s brother Dumitru told the Standard: “The death of my sister and the baby in her womb has left two innocent little children and her brother and sisters who struggle to live with the thoughts.”
A man, 44, has been charged with her murder.
73. Edmond Jonuzi, 35 – June 9 – stabbed to death in north London
The 35-year-old was found with serious stab injuries outside Turnpike Lane Tube station. He died at the scene.
A post-mortem gave the cause of death as a stab wound. Jonuzi was also known as Edmond Preci.
A 19-year-old was arrested in connection with the investigation.
74. Gitana Matukeviciene, 50 – June 9 – found seriously injured at her Dagenham home, east London
Gitana Matukeviciene, was found with a number of injuries and was taken to hospital in Romford where she died on June 12.
A man, 52, has been charged with attempted murder.
75. Joshua Boadu, 23 – June 11 – stabbed to death in Bermondsey, south London
Known to his friends as SJ, the apprentice engineer was described as ‘easy-going’ by his grieving mother.
He was stabbed following an ‘altercation’ with a group of males on June 11 with his family keeping a bedside vigil as he struggled to overcome his injuries.
He was pronounced dead in hospital on June 18.
76. Jordan Douherty, 15 – June 23 – stabbed to death in Romford, east London
The teenager, from Essex, was stabbed to death in Romford as part of a large fight involving up to 100 youths.
Jordan was a drill performer with a post-mortem examination finding he died from hypovolemic shock caused by a stab wound to the left ventricle of the heart
It has been reported that the fight broke out after a birthday party in the area.
A boy, 16, has been charged with murder.
77. Gita Suri, 56 – June 23 – stabbed to death in Greenwich, south east London
The body of Ms Suri was found in the rear garden of a property in Greenwich. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
The cause of death was given as stab wounds to the neck.
A man, 50, has been charged with her murder.
78. Ishak Tacine, 20 – June 27 – stabbed to death in Edmonton, north London
Mr Tacine, from Enfield, was found injured after reports of a fight between men armed with baseball bats.
A post mortem examination gave the cause of death as a stab wound.
Three teenage men were arrested in connection with the investigation.
79. Shuren Ma, 72 – July 1 – died from head injuries at her Woolwich home, south east London
The 72-year-old was found dead at her home next to a man in his 70s suffering from stab wounds.
Despite the efforts of paramedics they were unable to save the woman, who was pronounced dead less than an hour after first responders arrived at the scene.
Scotland Yard say the man will be quizzed by detectives at a later date.
80. Kaltoun Saleh, 42 – July 5 – suffered serious burn injuries, Islington, north London
Police were called in the early hours of July 5 o a report of a fire at a flat in Noll House, Islington.
A 43-year-old woman inside the address had suffered serious burns and was taken to a north London hospital and then to a specialist burns hospital.
Despite the best efforts of the medical professionals, she died from her injuries on Tuesday, 21 August.
A man, 42, has been charged with attempted murder.
81. Janek Brakonecki, 57 – July 7 – critically injured in Leytonstone
The Polish national was pronounced dead at the scene on the morning of July 7.
A post-mortem proved inconclusive with further tests being carried out.
There have been no arrests.
82. Latwaan Griffiths, 18 – July 26 – stabbed to death in Lambeth, south London
Police were called to Denmark Road in Lambeth shortly before 7pm and found Mr Griffiths suffering serious stab injuries.
He was pronounced dead at a south London hospital shortly after midnight.
The victim was on a moped with somebody else, who left him at the scene and rode off while members of the public administered first aid prior to the arrival of the emergency services.
83. Sidique Kamara, 23 – August 1 – stabbed to death in Camberwell, south London
The drill rapper, known as Incognito, had performed with collective Moscow17, had previously spoken about the relationship between drill and violence, saying: “You’ve got to put your hands up and say drill music does influence [violent crime].”
A man, 31, has been charged with murder.
84. Woman (name yet to be released), early 50s – August 2 – ‘neck compression’ in Dagenham, east London
Police were called regarding a disturbance at an address in Dagenham and a short time later a fire was reported at the same address.
Once the fire was put out the body of a woman was found. The provisional cause of death was given as compression of the neck.
A man, 50, has been charged with murder.
85. Malik Chattun, 22 – August 5 – stabbed to death in Kingston-upon-Thames, south west London
Police were called to the scene in the early hours of August 5 and found Mr Chattun suffering from stab wounds.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police believe there may have been an “altercation involving a number of people” prior to Mr Chattun’s being fatally assaulted.
86. Joel Urhie, 7 – August 7 – died in ‘arson’ house fire in Deptford, south east London
His devastated father described the schoolboy as “sweet” and “intelligent” and told reporters at the scene: “It’s terrible, the pain we cannot forget.”
Police believe the flat fire which killed Joel was started deliberately and a murder investigation has been launched.
There have been no arrests.
87. Simonne Samantha Kerr, 31 – August 15 – stabbed to death in Battersea, south west London
The singer, who had performed in an NHS choir on Britain’s Got Talent, was found suffering fatal knife injuries at her home in south west London.
The 31-year-old lost her son Kavele, due to complications from sickle cell disease in 2015. He was just six.
A man, 40, has been charged with her murder.
88. Jospeh Cullimore, 42 – August 17 – stabbed to death in Chingford, north east London
A boy aged 16 has been charged with the murder of Mr Cullimore.
Police had been called to the scene in the early hours of August 17. Emergency crews attended but Mr Culllimore died at the scene at 5.22am.
A 35-year-old woman who was also arrested has been released pending further enquiries.
89. Gary Amer, 63 – August 17 – stabbed to death in Walworth, south east London
Police were called to a property near Old Kent Road on Friday afternoon with Mr Amer pronounced dead at the scene at 2.14pm.
A 67-year-old man, arrested at the scene, has been charged with murder.
The exact cause of death has not been revealed by Scotland Yard.
90. Leroy ‘Junior’ Edwards, 66 – August 18 – stabbed to death in Catford, south east London
Police were called on August 18 at 4am to a report of a stabbing at a multi-occupancy address.
Officers attended along with the London Ambulance Service and found Mr Edwards suffering from stab injuries.
He was taken to a south London hospital where he died a short while later at 5.29am.
A 29-year-old Essex woman has been charged with his murder.
91. Carole Harrison, 73 – August 22 – ‘assault injuries’ in Teddington, south west London
Police say 73-year-old Carole Harrison’s body was found in her house in leafy Teddington, south west London, following a blaze in the early hours of Wednesday.
A post-mortem at Kingston Mortuary on August 23 failed to establish a cause of death, and further tests are to be conducted.
Police say she had suffered injuries “consistent with an assault.”